PUBG 0.7.0 Update: Here Are All The New Features You Should Know
If you’re a daily player of the popular online game, PlayersUnknown’s Battlegrounds aka PUBG mobile, then you probably know that the game didn’t work for about eight hours on July 23. The game’s developers, Tencent, cited maintenance as the reason for the shutdown of their mobile servers worldwide. However, it was heavily speculated that the real cause behind this maintenance was so that the game could be equipped with the 0.7.0 update. The servers went back online at about 1.30pm IST, and ever since, players worldwide have been keeping an eye out for the new features. But if you haven’t spotted anything different yet, here’s what you can expect:
New features in PUBG mobile’s 0.7.0 update
- 1War mode: This mode has been made available on the Android beta version of the app. In this mode, two or more teams are pitched against one another in a small area on the map, a la Arcade mode, in a time-bound match. You are dropped into the small circle with weapons and armour and you begin fighting from the minute you set foot on the ground. You also get unlimited respawns, which means that if you are shot dead, you are just dropped down from the plane once again. The team or person with the maximum number of kills in the given time wins.
- 1SLR Sniper Rifle: A new weapon has been added to the game as well. This weapon has already been available on the Xbox One. It will use 7.62 mm ammo, and can load upto 10 bullets (or 20, using an extender) in one go. It is supposedly more powerful than the SKS but has more recoil. It will also have its own set of grips.
Introducing the all new SLR DMR…just in time for 3x and 6x scope attachments!
- 13x and 6x scope: In addition to the 2x, 4x and 8x scopes, the new update is set to bring with it two new ones. But sadly, you will not be able to use the 8x scope with automatic rifles like AKM, M416, M146, SCAR-L, S12K. On the flip side though, guns like Groza, M249, DP-28, UMP9 — which only use the 4x scope so far — will become compatible with the 6x scope.
- 2Portable Closet: Another feature that is reportedly supposed to make an appearance in the new update is the portable closet. With this, players will be able to carry extra outfits in their portable closet and will be able to change their clothes during combat.
- 3User interface changes: Some major changes are said to be making their way to PUBG mobile’s user interface. It would have a new home screen menu. And there are also said to be some new updates in features like the map, viewfinder and more.
It should be noted that these changes have appeared in the beta testing app, and it is not certain that all of them will be present in the new 0.7.0 update.
When will PUBG mobile’s 0.7.0 update be released?
Reports are claiming that PUBG mobile’s 0.7.0 update will be released in phases over the next 48 hours on mobile platforms. So we guess all you have to do is wait and watch. After all, if PUBG has taught you anything, it is stealth.